When you are in need of a roofing contractor, it is essential that you choose an experienced professional who can provide you with a quality roof that will keep your personal belongings and family safe. There are numerous roofing contractors in Minneapolis, so that it why you need to research several different professionals to ensure they have a solid business reputation and the proper licensing for the local area. Here are the steps you can take to ensure that you end up with a quality roof that is installed properly.
1. Contact a minimum of three different roofing contractors.
This is so you can compare their pricing, experience, reputation and qualifications.
2. Verify that all roofing contractors you are considering have all of the licenses that are required for your area.
You can contact your state or local area’s licensing board to find out what business licenses are required. You can also find information online that will tell you what licensing requirements there are for contractors in each state. Ask the contractors for proof of their licenses.
3. Verify that all roofing contractors that you are considering are legitimate businesses by asking for their contact phone number, email address or business website, along with a physical business address and tax identification number.
4. Ask all roofing contractors for proof of insurance, which includes liability coverage and worker’s compensation.
Not all states or local area required roofing contractors to carry insurance. However, either way you will want to hire a contractor with insurance so that you are protected from lawsuits in the event that the contractor or their workers are injured while doing work on your property. Make sure the insurance covers the complete time period that they will be working on your roofing project.
5. Ask the roofing contractors for lists of past clients and references that you can contact to make sure they were satisfied with the contractor’s roofing work. You can also contact your local Better Business Bureau or Professional Regulation Department to find out more about the roofing contractor’s reputation.
6. Ask the roofing contractors to show you proof that the roofing manufacturer has approved them for installing or working on the type of roof you have selected. Some kinds of roofing require contractors to have certain licenses, certification or special training to ensure that the roof is properly installed.
7. Get a written detailed proposal which outlines the cost of project, start and end dates, roofing materials that will be used, warranty information and clean up procedures.
8. Compare the warranties, fees, experience, qualifications and services of the roofing contractors you have researched. Never hire a roofing contractor based only on providing you with the lowest price. Take all of the above factors into consideration in order to choose the best roofing contractor for your needs.